Monday, July 12, 2010

Hey everyone!

(Us with the capitol of culture sculpture)
I'm sorry!  I know this is a travesty!  We're in Kusadasi now :-)  We leave on Wednesday - two days from now - to go to Istanbul and then we have three days after that before we leave for America... it's pretty unbelievable...  I haven't been writing because we've been so busy with family and being at the beach, plus internet is hard to get (I have to walk for about 10 minutes to get to the place where we get internet - the pide place... it's amazing... we have Turkish friends there!)  At any rate, I went to Ephesus yesterday - the ruins of the  Ephesus where Paul preached the sermon in the amphitheater (wow wow wow wow wow wow wow!)  Anyway... let's see... I'll just give you guys a quick outline of everything we've done and try to fill in later, mk?
After we went to the Aya Sofya, we went to the Blue Mosque, and then the Basilica Cistern (the underground cistern... I loved that place so much...).  We ate kofte, which is basically like meatloaf meatballs at a famous place - Sultanahmet - in the best location of that shop (the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul).  We went to the Spice Bazaar briefly that night and then on the way back we saw an amazing sculpture-ish thing that was in Istanbul because they're the 2010 capitol of culture (amazing, right!?) and it had sounds that went with it, based on who was standing where inside it (basically based on sensory detection) and had speakers inside it... it was amazing!  :-)   We had so much fun with it :-)  and then we went home... I'll do more later :-)  I love you all!  Take care and write me!
        ~Bekah

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hey glad to see you are still alive girl!! :D
It sounds like you are having a totally awesome time!
Happy late late late birthday! I"m glad it was so good!
love,
Sarah

Bx - The One You All Know! said...

Thanks Sarah! I'm so sorry I haven't been writing! lol... it's just a little bit of a hassle... :-) But I'm being better about it now... we have pictures... mmm... so, that helps remind of everything that we did... :-) I'm reading Phantastes by George MacDonald - Mrs. Buckingham let me bring it with me! Anyway, thanks for writing! It's nice to know that someone is still checking the blog, even though I've been TERRIBLE about updating! Anyway, take care, and tell your family hey for me and give your mom a hug! Love ya!
~Bekah

Nanna said...

Hi Bx,
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but, Margrette isn't going to come back to GK.
Her parents are going to send her to Provodence(spelling?) High.
Miss you, and I'm sorry,
~Nanna

Bonnie said...

I think you are home now. What a trip , what a trip!
Can't wait to hear!